Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A review of my favorite sketchblog

There are several reasons I like France Belleville's blog, but mainly I like her style of drawing. I like how she combines several small drawings of a similar subject or time or place into one collective drawing. Even though her drawings might run over into the drawing next to it, the lines were still clean and clear as to which drawing they belong. I also like how her drawings might be complicated and detailed but they are made to look manageable with contours and small, simple detail lines. I also like how she labels or comments on many of her drawings. On a whole I just like her overall style of drawing and how even though the lines are simple, the drawings themselves are detailed and clean.
Another sketchblog I likes is YKBK's. I like the incomplete sketchy feel about the drawings. The artist takes complex images and dilutes them down to several lines and still maintains the integrity of the images.

2 comments:

uncg interior architecture said...

Great commentary on the drawings. I also like the way France makes a composition out of several drawings on a single page.

Juan Pablo Yakubiuk said...

thanks!
sorry, but my english is very bad..

:)