Saturday, January 26, 2008

Four of Five Drawings of Personal Messes


This is one of my favorite drawings of all the ones that I did. I felt that I successfully utilized hatching and crosshatching. The one thing that bothers me about this drawing is that in reality, the DVD's were lying flat on the table. However, when I drew them they appeared to be leaning angled on something. This is the last drawing that I did, and I noticed as I progressed with my drawings that I have a tendency to just draw and not actually pay attention to what is actually there. The DVD horror is a product of this.

This drawing is by far my least favorite of all the ones that I did. I drew the pants over the laundry basket and as a result the pants are completely see through. I didn't know how to remedy this problem so I simply left it as it was.

This drawing I like although I feel that I could have done better perhaps. I think I probably should have added more hatching to provide more interest and contrast to the drawing. This last drawing is my favorite out of the bunch. I drew this one first. Even though the lines are not exactly as they were on the actual bag, I feel that I was able to capture a good likeness even if it isn't precise. I also think that I did a good job distinguishing the bag from the items in the bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I appreciate the way you've approached this project from several different angles/styles. I'm drawn to the simplicity of the bottom mess.

Lauren Nicole said...

Chelsea I love this drawing it looks so good!! There is not much there but it is still so interesting... great job!