After looking at several buildings in the Italian journal, Abitare and Domus, also an Italian journal, I began to notice that many of the residential buildings were made up of horizontal rectangles. Many of their products and buildings that currently being made seem to be made up of smooth, clean lines. Italy has a rich history of both art and architecture dating back to classical times. I can only imagine that this is a enormous influence still today on all Italian work. After researching about Italian design I learned many interesting things. Not only is Italy the worlds leading furniture exporter and the second largest manufacturer, but they have been a vital part of the design world since the 1940s. Today Milan is a great place to go to learn about furniture design.
Architecture Australia, a journal from Australia. Australia uses a lot of wood in all of their designs. This is good as far as sustainability goes. Many Australian designers like to use materials that are native to Australia.
Archis, a journal from the Netherlands, gave an good view into their design. They are a big proponent for spacial planning in moth major and minor cities. They are also interested in the economic and social contribution of design. Like Australia, many designers from the Netherlands like to use wood as well. Many designs that I looked at featured modern designs of old fashioned styles. Angular forms were also a big deal especially in the design of buildings.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment