1)In the October 2007, volume 7 number 10 edition of Dwell one new technology being utilized in the design field is eco-friendly carpet. There are several different colors and weaves. While not much was said in this article beyond a short description of each carpet patch, who made it and where to buy it, I think this is a great innovation. Having moved past shag carpet to less dust collection carpet it is time to create a more environmentally friendly carpet.
2) In the September 2007 edition of Metropolis there is an article about using smart robots to design kinetic, environment reacting buildings. The building respond to their environment by becoming larger to accommodate more people or change its shape to react to the weather. There are sensors that read weather updates and respond accordingly. Each floor of the buildings react differently. This incredible innovation was developed at the University of Virgina School of Architecture's Robotic Ecologies seminar. I think this is one of the most interesting innovations that I read about. These buildings are not just theoretical either, but are actually being built in places such as Dubai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment